Sunday, November 21, 2010

21 Weeks

Well, this weekend was...eventful!  I began my relaxing weekend with severe abdominal cramps around 3am.  By 5am I had non-stop vomiting.  I couldn't even keep water down!  The on-call OB told me to go to the ER because of possible dehydration, but we decided to wait it out.  Pretty sure it was food poisoning.  I was feeling a little better around 1pm, so Cameron and I decided to meet his parents to shop for baby furniture after all.  We ended up ordering our crib and mattress!  And the best part...Baby Boy Foster's  super generous grandparents gifted it to us!  We are so lucky!  By the end of the shopping trip I had to visit restroom to relieve myself of my most recent glass of water.  That was the last straw.  We went to the ER.  The overall experience was not too bad!  I was expecting a room full of bleeding people and hours of waiting.  But we were in a room within 15 minutes.  They drew some blood and gave me some IV meds to stop the nausea and vomiting.  Then they moved me to another room and hooked me up to some fluids.  The blood results showed dehydration, but no other complications!  I got to go home after my bag of fluids was empty!  I pretty much feel like I was hit by a mac truck.  I have been extremely tired all day and NO appetite.  I think I'll take it easy on the solid foods!
Now for baby news!  At our 20 week anatomy scan last Thursday the ultrasound tech told us that Baby Boy was .8lbs!  All of his organs look good!  It is always so amazing to see him swimming around in my tummy!  This week his eyelids and eyebrows are forming and he is 10 1/2 inches long.  About the length of a carrot!  I expect to feel him kick sometime in the next two weeks!  So exciting!
I hope to stay far away from the hospital until Baby Boy makes his entrance in early April!    

No comments:

Post a Comment