Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Exciting Week!

I can't believe that this adventure of carrying Baby Boy Foster is HALF way over!  That's right...I'm 20 weeks.  We are closer to having a baby than not.  Does that make sense?  He is the length of a banana (already on his way to being our Little Monkey) and weighs a whopping 10.5ozs.  He is busy practicing swallowing to prepare his little digestive system for when he enters the world.  Side note: I give my kiddos at school weekly updates on Baby Boy's development, which they LOVE!  Last week I told them that he can hear now, so my kids are convinced that he will be uber smart because of all the teaching and reading he will hear for these last 4 months!  And they are constantly talking to him.  I totally use this to my advantage because they are very cautious about making too much noise because they don't want to hurt his ears!  Tomorrow will be a very exciting day because we have our Anatomy Scan at the OBGYN.  Mainly we get to see him again and hear his heartbeat, which is so reassuring.  They will be taking measurements of all the major organs to check up on his growth.  VERY much looking forward to that!  More tomorrow after the appointment!  Oh, I haven't felt him kick or anything, but I expect to within the next two weeks...hopefully! 

No comments:

Post a Comment