Monday, November 29, 2010

Pox...

22 weeks and counting!  Baby Boy officially looks like a miniature newborn and not like an alien!  His lips, eyebrows and eyelids are becoming more distinct.  His eyes have formed, but the colored part hasn't been decided yet.  He looks a bit wrinkled...at least until he fills out a bit.  He is about 11 inches long, or the length of a spaghetti squash!

So, about the pox, chicken that is.  There have been two confirmed cases at my school.  I had a pretty bad case when I was 6, but I still have to go in for blood testing tomorrow.  They are checking my immunity level.  The reason I have to go in is that in both cases both kids actually had the vaccine prior to getting the virus.  And one of the kids had the vaccine AND already had the chicken pox.  My school nurse is concerned that this might be some super strong strain of the virus, and better safe than sorry.  I'm sure it's fine, and I'm not even sure what they can do if my immunity level isn't fine, but I guess I'll know more tomorrow!   

No comments:

Post a Comment